Not Every Disability is Visible. Some are Hidden.
Hidden Disabilities Sunflower lanyards indicate that the wearer has a hidden disability and may need additional support.
Training for Sunflower Member Organisations
If your organisation has become a member of the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Scheme, we offer additional training for your staff to give them confidence when interacting with people who wear the Sunflower lanyard.
This practical workshop extends the free introductory video training offered to organisations who sign up for the Sunflower Scheme.
Your staff will:
- learn about the range of hidden disabilities
- hear from people with hidden disabilities
- gain practical ways for reducing access barriers
- learn how to respond to wearers of the sunflower in your workplace and communities
- increase understanding about interacting with people who use assistive technology to communicate.
This training is ideal for professionals, disability organisations and any workplace committed to the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Scheme
This workshop can be combined with Disability Start.
Duration: 1 hour
Delivery options: Live online training or in-person.
How to enquire: Phone Your Way | Kia Roha on 0800 008 011 or fill in the form below.