Your Way | Kia Roha has a rare opportunity for a Manaaki Tangata – Māori DIAS to join our services team based in the Waikato.
This role will support Māori tāngata whaikaha and their whānau in the Waikato to navigate the disability system, providing information about the disability system and support to connect to services and support systems.
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
As a Manaaki Tangata – Māori DIAS for Your Way | Kia Roha the successful applicant will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the wider disability community, and external networks.
- Bring strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to a range of people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Be creative about how information is reflected to people / whānau supported.
- Strong basis in tikanga, Te Ao Māori perspective and preferably te reo Māori skills.
- Have a good understanding of the disability sector, The treaty of Waitangi and EGL principles.
- Have established relationships across Waikato Tainui.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
What’s on offer:
- Work in an organisation where your opinion matters.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Employee assistance programme available for staff.
- An extra day of leave for your Birthday.
- Staff discounts at a range of retailers.
About Your Way | Kia Roha:
Your Way | Kia Roha is a nationally recognised Not-for-profit organisation supporting people in their communities from Whangarei to Invercargill. We have been providing support to people and their whanau for over 40 years.
Moemoea | Vision
Disabled people thriving, living the lives they choose in their communities
Kaupapa | Purpose
Enabling innovative community solutions by and with disabled people
Mātāpono | Values
- Rangatiratanga | Self-Leadership: Choice and control over decisions builds on the mana of every individual
- Manawatoa | Courageous: Innovative, aspirational, and bold in our actions
- Whanaungatanga |Connection: Relationships matter, we work together with whānau and others
- Kohitanga | Inclusion: Everyone is included and respected for who they are
- Kaitiakitanga | Guardianship: Sustain and respect the mauri | life force of those we work with
Your Way | Kia Roha is an equal opportunity employer; we strive to attract and maintain a diverse workforce across the country. As an organisation we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusiveness and ensuring a positive culture for people to work in.
We encourage applications from people with a lived experience of disability or who are close family members of people with disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Your Way | Kia Roha supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. The work we do can include working closely with people that may be at high risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19. Applicants may be expected to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.
Applicants for this position must have the legal rights to work in New Zealand.