Hearing Therapy is a national mobile, community-based service that is holistic in its approach and offers a variety of services including information, assessments, aural rehabilitation and training. The role will be supported by a team of experienced colleagues, Team Leaders and a Learning and Development Coordinator who are focused on improving Hearing Health in their communities.
This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday in Manukau.
To be successful in the Hearing Therapist Trainee role the applicant:
- Will be able to respect and value diversity and be adaptable to the needs of different cultural needs and disability matters.
- Will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks with a range of people whilst also being able to work independently.
- Should have an awareness or be willing to learn more about the Health and Disability Services offered across the region.
- Will be able to manage their time across the week and meet all deadlines.
- Have an understanding and be able to use Microsoft office products.
- Have a current Full New Zealand Drivers licence.
At Your Way | Kia Roha we offer:
- A comprehensive fully funded and supported training programme in the New Zealand Diploma of Hearing Therapy level 6 (this takes approximately 2 years).
- An organisation dedicated to supporting people in the community and providing the support to their staff to do this.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- An extra day of leave in the month of your Birthday.
- Employee Benefits card at a range of suppliers.
- Inclusive and supportive team environment, a great organisation to work for.
About Your Way | Kia Roha:
Your Way | Kia Roha is a nationally recognised Not-for-profit organisation supporting people in their communities from Whangarei to Invercargill. We have been providing support to people and their whanau for over 40 years.
Moemoea | Vision
Disabled people thriving, living the lives they choose in their communities
Kaupapa | Purpose
Enabling innovative community solutions by and with disabled people
Mātāpono | Values
- Rangatiratanga | Self-Leadership: Choice and control over decisions builds on the mana of every individual
- Manawatoa | Courageous: Innovative, aspirational, and bold in our actions
- Whanaungatanga |Connection: Relationships matter, we work together with whānau and others
- Kohitanga | Inclusion: Everyone is included and respected for who they are
- Kaitiakitanga | Guardianship: Sustain and respect the mauri | life force of those we work with
Your Way | Kia Roha is an equal opportunity employer; we strive to attract and maintain a diverse workforce across the country. As an organisation we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusiveness and ensuring a positive culture for people to work in.
We encourage applications from people with a lived experience of disability or who are close family members of people with disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Your Way | Kia Roha supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. The work we do can include working closely with people that may be at high risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19. Applicants may be expected to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.
Applicants for this position must have the legal rights to work in New Zealand.