We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Facilitator to join our supportive and dedicated team. The Community Facilitator is responsible for working alongside disabled people and their whānau and has a key role of linking people to information, resources and services in their community.
This role is a part time working 30 hours per week.
As a Community Facilitator for Life Unlimited the successful applicant will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the wider disability community, and external networks.
- Bring strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to a range of people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Be creative about how information is reflected back to the person
- Have the ability to problem solve tough situations and provide great outcomes
- Have IT knowledge and experience with databases and Microsoft programs.
- Have a good understanding of the disability sector, The Treaty of Waitangi and EGL principles
- Hold a current driver’s licence
What’s on offer:
- Flexible work opportunities available
- Work in an organisation where your opinion matters
- Opportunities for professional development
- Employee assistance programme available for staff
- An extra day of leave for your Birthday.
- Staff discounts at a range of retailers such as Bunnings and Torpedo 7