We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Facilitator to join our supportive and dedicated team. The Community Facilitator is responsible for working alongside disabled people and their whanau and has a key role of linking people to information, resources and services in their community.
This role is a part time working 20 hours per week.
As a Community Facilitator for Your Way | Kia Roha he successful applicant will:
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the wider disability community, and external networks.
- Bring strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to a range of people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Be creative about how information is reflected back to the person
- Have the ability to problem solve tough situations and provide great outcomes
- Have IT knowledge and experience with databases and Microsoft programs.
- Have a good understanding of the disability sector, The treaty of Waitangi and EGL principles
- Hold a current driver’s licence
What’s on offer:
- Flexible work opportunities available
- Work in an organisation where your opinion matters
- Opportunities for professional development
- Employee assistance programme available for staff
- An extra day of leave for your Birthday.
- Staff discounts at a range of retailers such as Bunnings and Torpedo 7
About Your Way | Kia Roha:
Your Way | Kia Roha (previously known as Life Unlimited Charitable Trust) is a nationally recognised Not-for-profit organisation supporting people in their communities from Whangarei to Invercargill. We have been providing support to people and their whanau for over 40 years.
Moemoea | Vision
Disabled people thriving, living the lives they choose in their communities.
Kaupapa | Purpose
Enabling innovative community solutions by and with disabled people
Mātāpono | Values
- Rangatiratanga | Self-Leadership: Choice and control over decisions builds on the mana of every individual.
- Manawatoa | Courageous: Innovative, aspirational, and bold in our actions
- Whanaungatanga |Connection: Relationships matter, we work together with whānau and others
- Kohitanga | Inclusion: Everyone is included and respected for who they are.
Your Way | Kia Roha is an equal opportunity employer; we strive to attract and maintain a diverse workforce across the country. As an organisation we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusiveness and ensuring a positive culture for people to work in.
We encourage applications from people with a lived experience of disability or who are close family members of people with disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
For further inquiries follow the link below or email [email protected].