Do you want to make positive changes in your life?
This course will help you learn new skills and knowledge to enable you to make positive changes in your life and live the life you choose. You can attend this course for free if you are aged 16 years or over, have a disability or mental health condition, and are registered with Work and Income or on a Supported Living Benefit.
The Benefits you can Expect from Attending this Course Include:
- Improved self-esteem, self-development, and confidence
- Personal goal setting
- Cultural awareness
- Preparedness for employment and training opportunities
- Community participation
- Improved social skills
- New friendships
- Recreation and leisure
The course content is delivered by Your Way | Kia Roha staff with support from specialist presenters. The course provides an interesting range of learning opportunities including guest speakers, classroom learning, and community-based activities. This course also includes a monthly follow-up for 12 months after you have completed the course, to support you to continue applying the new skills you gained in the course.
The Positive Action Course can be scheduled and tailored to fit the requirements of participants, including small groups of five to eight people.
The Positive Action course is offered in Hamilton and surrounding areas. The venue will be confirmed during enrolment.
The course runs for a week, Monday through Thursday 9.00 am to 3.00 pm; Friday 9.00 am to 2.00 pm.
There is no cost to attend. The Positive Action course is fully funded by the Ministry of Social Development.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must:
- Currently live in New Zealand and be either a New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident, or hold an appropriate open work permit
- Be aged between 16 and 65
- Have a disability or mental health condition that is likely to affect you for a minimum of six months, and present a barrier to employment
- Require support to address this barrier, or require assistance in addition to that provided by the Ministry of Social Development’s mainstream services
- Have a community services card
- Be registered with Work and Income New Zealand or be on a Supported Living Benefit.
The Positive Action Course will be held on the following dates:
Upcoming dates will be announced shortly. The course generally runs eight times per year.
Please enrol early as space is limited.
How do I Enrol?
Please complete the form below to enquire about this course.