Recruitment is one of the hottest topics in any conversation within an Individualised Funding environment. This workshop will help people with personal budgets develop skills around recruiting and managing staff and selecting the right person for the role.
When we take government funding through a personal budget (Individualised Funding, Enhanced Individualised Funding or an Enabling Good Lives or Mana Whaikaha budget) we get the choice and control to direct our own lives and also take responsibility. For many, it’s the first time they’ve held these responsibilities which often includes recruiting, training, supporting and managing direct support staff.
This event covers:
- The fundamentals of recruitment
- Aligning your recruitment with your desired outcomes
- Advertising, shortlisting, interviewing
- Making an offer, induction, orientation and ongoing training
- Supervision and staff management
- What to do if things go wrong
- Your legal responsibilities.
Length: Half a day to 1 day (tailored to your learning needs)
Where available: We go wherever you need us to be.
To enquire about The Art of Recruitment for People with Personal Budgets training phone us on 0800 008 011 or fill in this enquiry form: