Explore our Disability Supports and Services Directory
0800 008 011
Learning & Information | Rukuhia Te Puna Mātauranga

Workplace modifications

Person typing on a laptop

Modification grant

If you need modifications to your place of work, or assistive equipment to help you do your job, contact Work and Income. A modification grant from Work and Income can be used to pay for things like ramps or handrails, visual aids or computer equipment.

Job support fund

Workbridge is an employment service responsible for administering the job support fund. Job Support helps people moving into employment as well as assisting people who are in employment to stay in their jobs when they have an onset of a disability or a worsening condition. It can be used to fund workplace modifications or special assistive equipment. It can also be used for a range of other purposes such as sign language interpreters, coaching, training, and transportation costs.


If your disability is the result of an accident that is covered by ACC, they may be able to fund modifications to your workplace. Find out more about support from ACC.

You may also be interested in

Work and Income provide a range of supports for people with disability...
Supported employment means finding ways to assist people with disabilities to reach...

Suggest an edit for Workplace modifications

Suggest an edit for Workplace modifications